Thursday 4 September 2014

Learning Goals and Media

Although perhaps obvious to most, today I finally caught on to how I think the people at Google envisioned a teacher utilizing the stream in Classroom.

At the beginning of every class I layout our Learning Goals for that class. Typically this turns into a list of the tasks we are going to complete, but when it comes to learning specific skills, I try to articulate those as clearly as possible.

Today I listed my Learning Goals and then attached all of the media and documents for that particular class to that announcement. This allowed everything to be closely tied together and will certainly help prevent the stream from becoming too crowded. I think this will also make it easier for absent students to pick up on what they missed.


I still feel that the inability to create draft announcements (including media), with options for formatting, is a major drawback still to be overcome. If Google allowed me to create draft announcements, attach appropriate media, and format it in a Google calendar, Classroom would become a much more serious player in the Educational platform game.

No comments:

Post a Comment